We understand you may be sceptical of inviting trades into your home at this time. We want to assure you that we take the safety of our clients and our whole team seriously. Although we were already trained and certified in infection control cleaning, which is usually done for schools and doctors surgeries when there are Norovirus outbreaks, in March 2020 the whole team undertook update training to ensure we were up to date with the latest Public Health England and NHS protocols. These not only apply to commercial buildings but also domestic houses. The Government have recently announced that trades can return to work and have produced a 28-page guide to staying safe, you can read the whole document here.
Here’s the procedures we’ve put in place following those guidelines:-
- We cannot work in your home if you have been self-isolating with suspected Covid-19 symptoms, or have had Covid-19.
- If you are ‘Shielding’ on the advice of your Doctor we are not able to provide an “in-home service” but we are able to offer you our collection and delivery rug cleaning service.
- Any equipment we bring into your home has been thoroughly disinfected with virucide treatment between EVERY job.
- All the team are infection control trained and will wear appropriate PPE where needed. This is not a scary “spaceman” suit and full respirator, they are not required under the Public Health England and NHS guideline, but we will be wearing a facemask and gloves when we arrive.
- We will have a fixed appointment time or appointment window and will phone if we will be any earlier to ensure it is convenient for us to come early. This is so you can be sure we can social distance at 2m and it’s still convenient.
- We will social distance at 2m, we will knock on your door and step back. Please then show us the areas to be cleaned whilst maintaining a safe 2m distance. Whilst we are cleaning we may ask you to stay in another part of the house until we are finished. We will of course still ask you to inspect the finished result, whilst we maintain the 2m social distancing.
- All soft furnishings we’re cleaning will be treated, both pre and post clean, with a virucide disinfectant FREE of charge. We use a product which has achieved the European test standard April 2020 EN14476:2013 + A2:2019 Annex A* killing up to 99.9999% of microbes and coronaviruses, including the SARS-CoV-2 which causes CoVid-19.
- Any touch points we use we will disinfect with the same virucide. So door handles, doors and doorframes, any furniture we move and replace, and free of charge.
- Please do not be offended if we refuse your tea and biscuits. We’d usually welcome them and a five-minute break and chat but don’t worry, we’ll make up for it next time we visit.
- We also offer a Peace of Mind package if you’re moving into a new property. You can find out more here.
The whole team hope this reassures you that we’re taking all the precautions necessary and working responsibly to protect everyone.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call me direct on 01302 230685 and I’ll be happy to help.
Allan Simmons Jnr.