Updated October 27th:
How we all remain safe during Tier 1, 2 & 3 restrictions...
We understand you may be sceptical of inviting trades into your home at this time. We want to assure you that we take the safety of our both yourself and our whole team seriously. Although we were already trained and certified in infection control cleaning, which is usually done for schools and doctors surgeries when there are Norovirus outbreaks, in March 2020 the whole team undertook update training to ensure we were up to date with the latest Public Health England and NHS protocols. Under these restrictions, the Government have made it clear that trades can continue to work in people’s homes but must follow certain guidelines.
Here's the procedures we've put in place following those guidelines:-
- We cannot work in your home if you are self-isolating with suspected CoVid-19 symptoms, or have had CoViD-19 within the last 21 days. If you have had CoViD-19, more than 21 days ago, we can still work for you but you MUST tell us before we visit and we will advise if there are any extra precautions we need to take.
- If you are 'Shielding' on the advice of your Doctor we are not able to provide an "in-home service" but we are able to offer you our collection and delivery rug cleaning service.
- Any equipment we bring into your home has been thoroughly disinfected with virucide treatment between EVERY job.
- All the team are infection control trained and will wear appropriate PPE where needed. This is not a scary "spaceman" suit and full respirator, they are not required under the Public Health England and NHS guideline, but we will be wearing a facemask when we arrive.
- We will have a fixed appointment time or appointment window and will phone if we will be any earlier to ensure it is convenient for us to come early. This is so you can be sure we can social distance at 2m and it's still convenient.
- We will social distance at 2m, we will knock on your door and step back. Please then show us the areas to be cleaned whilst maintaining a safe 2m distance. We ask that you also wear a face-covering whilst you are interacting with us and maintain the 2m social distance. Whilst we are cleaning we may ask you to stay in another part of the house until we are finished, as wearing a face-covering whilst cleaning is incredibly uncomfortable and we may remove it during cleaning. We will of course still ask you to inspect the finished result, whilst we maintain the 2m social distancing and all wearing a face covering.
- All soft furnishings we're cleaning will be treated, both pre and post clean, with a virucide disinfectant FREE of charge. We use a product which has achieved the European test standard April 2020 EN14476:2013 + A2:2019 Annex A* killing up to 99.9999% of microbes and coronaviruses, including the SARS-CoV-2 which causes CoVid-19.
- Any touch points we use we will disinfect with the same virucide. So door handles, doors and doorframes and any furniture we move and replace, and free of charge.
- Please do not be offended if we refuse your tea and biscuits. We'd usually welcome them and a five-minute break and chat but don't worry, we'll make up for it next time we visit.
- We also offer a Peace of Mind package if you're moving into a new property. You can find out more here.
The whole team hope this reassures you that we're taking all the precautions necessary and working responsibly to protect everyone.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call me direct on 0114 350 3799 and I'll be happy to help.
Allan Simmons Jnr.